Minecraft Birthday Cake

This year, the boy wanted a Minecraft-themed birthday cake. And since I aim to please, he got one.


We had the party at my brother's house.  He's got a lot more natural light than I do.  See how the picture isn't yellow?  He's also got more space, which is the main reason we had the party there, not just for the natural light.

I really don't get the whole Minecraft craze.  But it's sweeping our part of the nation.  All the kids at school are playing it.  All the kids at martial arts class are playing it.  All the kids at my SIL's homeschool co-op are playing it.  I'm baffled.

Anyhoo, Minecraft is incredibly pixellated.  I explained to the boy, that while I love him dearly, I don't have that kind of time.  So his cake was not going to be crafted of six million individually cut squares of fondant.  Being the rational young man that he is, he went with it.


For those of you who aren't familiar with the Minecraft phenomena, the top tier is a Creeper, the middle tier is a bundle of TNT, and the bottom tier is a cake.  Yes, you can make cake while playing Minecraft. I even put the red squares on top, even though you can't see them due to the TNT.  I wanted the boy to know his momma loves him and strives for accuracy.  Just not pixels.

The cake was a little sloppy, I was in a hurry.  But he liked it.


We really didn't have enough people at the party to eat that much cake. I didn't even unstack it until it was time to drive home.  (The birthday boy is the epic ninja on the left, btw.)  Top tier vanilla, second tier strawberry-lemon and bottom tier cookies and cream.  (If you live nearby and you want cake, call me. I can hook you up.)

It was a good time.  We ate lots of chicken and dumplings and cake while hanging out with family and friends.  Who could ask for a better birthday?

That's all for today.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this excellent design. My girl wants a Minecraft cake, and my eyes were bugging out at the thought of cutting and aligning a bajillion fondant squares. I like how your cake is definitely Minecraft themed but will not require a few all-nighters before hosting a slumber party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cake! what sizes did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal, it was 6-8-10. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!