M&M's Cake!

A friend of mine from work brought me a picture of a cake a while back and asked if I could make it for him. He got it off of Facebook, so if it's yours, let me know.


He's a big fan of M&M's.  But then again, who isn't?


So I finally got around to making it. (I kept telling him I hadn't forgotten!)

This cake used lots and lots and lots of M&M's. And as I drove it to work the next morning, every bump I hit I heard M&M's hitting the cake board. I made repairs at work and no one was the wiser.


Red and Yellow were a bit bumpy. They're giant cake pops and I used off-brand candy melts to coat them. I repented immediately. I will only use Wilton candy melts from now on.

I piped the faces onto waxed paper using royal icing and candy melts and glued them onto the pops the next morning. I made lots of extras just in case. And lots of extra "M"s, thankfully. I had quite a few snap as I was glueing them on.


Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing. My friend said it looked better than he thought it would. :-P  High praise from this guy. For real. AND he said it tasted better than it looked. I was quite pleased.

Anyhoo, that's all for now.

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!

Cross Country Cookies