Mommy to Bee Decorated Sugar Cookies

Made for a friend's daughter's baby shower. The theme was Mommy to Bee.


These aren't colors I use regularly, but it was nice to do something different! There was a lot of black and some of the designs were wet-on-wet, so I made the icing with extra meringue powder, just in case. I've heard that extra meringue powder will stop bleeding. (Of course, for my regular royal icing recipe I've halved the amount of meringue powder I use, so really it was just the normal amount.)


But whatever the reason, it worked! There was no bleeding black icing, even with the white polka dots.


All bagged up and ready to go! I really have to start taking pictures before they're in the bags.



I think that's all of them. I'm going to be making more cookies in the next couple weeks, so hopefully I'll actually get them posted to the ol' blog. Maybe.

Well, that's all for now.
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!