Ninja Birthday Cake

True to my word, I have not baked anything this week.  So, what better way to pass the time than to post old birthday cakes? 

Here is the cake I made for the boy last year.  He told me what he wanted and we designed it together.  He was really happy with it.  And I only got one picture.  With my phone.  Seems to be a trend with me. 


The ninjas on the second tier were cut out using the infamous Ninjabread Men cutters.  The pagodas were hand-cut with an X-Acto knife.  The throwing stars are modified snowflakes on toothpicks, made of fondant with tylose powder added, dried and stuck into the cake.

I thought that the stars would taste bad, but I must have been mistaken.  They ate them all.

That's it for this cake.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!