So I Made an Ugly Cake...

...for Baby Girl's 4th birthday.


And then I took crooked pictures of it.  Sorry.

Honestly, when it was all said and done, it wasn't that ugly any more.  But it did not come out like I had planned.

The story behind the cake was kind of cute, though.  She asked for a unicorn on her cake.  No problem.  I can do a unicorn.  Then I asked her what flavor she wanted her unicorn cake to be.  She looked up at me, tilted her little head to the side and asked, "Can it be grass?"  "So the unicorn will like it?" I inquired.  "Yes," she nodded emphatically.  "No."

She took it all rather well, and then when I asked what other flavor she wanted she said cherry.  I was a little taken aback, because I've never made a cherry cake before (I do, however, make a killer black forest cherry cake, but that's not what she meant).  I told her no problem and asked what she wanted her second flavor to be.  She said peach.  Peach.  She didn't even think about it.  I can make peach pie, peach cobbler, peach crisp, peach jam and peach muffins, but I have not so much as even seen a recipe for a peach cake.  But we found one on the internet.  And a cherry cake recipe.  Go figure.


6" cherry, 8" peach, vanilla buttercream under marshmallow fondant.  The unicorn's mane and tail are lightly dusted with disco dust, as are the caps on the towers.  I didn't take pictures of the baking process, so I'll make the cakes again sometime and post pictures and the recipes.  The peach cake was especially yummy.

Well, that's it for today. 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!

Cross Country Cookies