Betsy Ross Cookies

I made these in August 2010, but I thought I'd post them anyway. 

The boy had some questions about the American flag, so we did a little study on Betsy Ross.  We researched her life and times, then talked about the Revolutionary War and George Washington.  The hubby looked up how to cut a 5-pointed star our of fabric with one snip; just like Betsy used to do.  It was not easy, but he did it! Then I made cookies.  And gave them to the boy's new teacher on the last day of summer vacation when we dropped his supplies off at the school.  Gotta love brownie points with educational value!

Sugar cookies with glaze icing:




I have a spool of thread cutter now.  I bought it because of these cookies. ^^^


Surfboard cutter...I chopped off the "tail".  This was before I learned about drawing on the cookie with an edible marker before piping, in order to maintain uniformity.  Live and learn.


These were before I fully conquered the cookies spreading in the oven issue.  But I've got it under control now, so no more chubby Americas for me!  (Chubby Americans, on the other hand, I can't help you with.)

I love making patriotic cookies...and I love the 4th of July; so I should have some new red, white and blue cookies to post shortly.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!

Cross Country Cookies