Remarkable Fudge

Really, that's its name. Remarkable Fudge. It's in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. My husband tells me it's the best stuff ever. I don't like fudge *gasp*, so I don't really know.  
 



You don't need a candy thermometer for this one.  You may need burn ointment.  That's up to you.

Let's boil some sugar, shall we?


That's butter, sugar, salt, and some evaporated milk.

Bring to a boil and let it boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.


That's why I only make candy once a year.  Too much standing and stirring.  The toffee nearly did me in.

Once that's good and thick, add some cholocate chips, a chopped up chocolate bar, marshmallow fluff and vanilla.


The recipe says the candy bar is optional.  But it's really not.  The fudge is not remarkable without the candy bar.  (I used a hershey bar...yum...)

Stir it all up...


And pour it into a foil lined, buttered 9x13 baking dish.  Let it set up and cut into one inch squares.  Store in an air tight container in the fridge.

Or put it in a bag and hide it in your chest freezer in the basement so your husband doesn't eat it all while you're at work one night, forcing you to have to rush and make another batch for your co-workers.  Did I mention this recipe makes about four pounds of fudge?

*ahem*



Anyhoo, that's all for now. 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!