Black and White Challenge

Earlier this month, Georganne at LilaLoa issued a challenge.  She challenged us cookiers to try something new, and to not be concerned about not being good enough.  The first challenge was to forget about color and do some black and white (and any mixture of the two) cookies.  Here's what I came up with:


Pretty dresses in black and white.  I did not do gray scale because I'm lazy and I didn't want to wash more bags and tips.  Hey, at least I'm honest.

These cookies were leftover from Christmas.  The girl wanted pretty dress cookies for Christmas, and she did decorate a few for herself, but they didn't make it onto my list for some reason.  And the trees were just left over.  I don't know why.

So anywhoo, using leftover cookies and leftover icing, I got to participate in the challenge!

First the ball gowns...


I tried a little bit of overpiping on these and mostly screwed them up.  The one on the top left is my favorite.  I still love that cutter.  I tried a little simple lace on the bottom left one, and it turned out ok.  Pay no attention to the bottom of the skirt on that one...I'm not sure what happened there.

And dancing dresses...


Totally a rip-off (but not nearly as well done) as these by Klikitat Street.  Of course, maybe if I'd have gone back and looked at her cookies, instead of trying to do them from memory, I might have had better results.

And trees...


Just for fun.  Nothing fancy.  Really, I don't do fancy.  I think I'll probably stop trying and just stick with what I do best.  Simple.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!