My New Toy

OK, so it's not so much a toy as a very useful tool.


Whaddaya think?  It's not done yet, but I needed to use it for Christmas cookies. 

I used to keep my full icing bags stored tip-up in coffee cups while I was decorating.  One day, my longsuffering hubby demanded to know why I had to use ALL of the coffee cups in the house, and couldn't I leave him just one for his morning coffee?  Sadly, I had to say no.  I did, however, describe to him exactly what I needed in order to keep my icing bags tidily off of the table without the use of coffee cups.  A mere year later, this is what he gave me.


It holds 10 icing bags and it's collapsible; the legs fold down and it stores flat.  As I said, this one isn't completely done yet.  It needs to be sanded and stained, and he's going to rout the edges.  But I really needed to use it. 


I'll be sure to post a picture when it's all done.  But it worked so well that I had to share.

Oh yes, I close my icing bags by twisting the ends, folding them over, and securing with a small rubber band that I may have stolen from the girl's hair accessory drawer.  As long as the rubber band doesn't break (don't ask), there are no leaks. 

The first thing Hubby did as I started to use my new icing bag stand was to make a cup of coffee. 


Enjoy!



Comments

  1. You should have him make them available for the rest of us. I think he'd have a nice little business for himself. I know I'd buy one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!

Cross Country Cookies