Cross-Stitch Birthday Cake

Well, because it's summertime, there's not a whole lot of baking going on around here right now.  I can feel it coming on, though, so I'll have new stuff soon.  In the meantime, enjoy the birthday cake I made for my mom a few years ago.


I don't often make a dedicated cake for my mom.  She and my brother practically share a birthday (they're six days apart), so usually it's a combined cake.  But this was a milestone, so she got her own cake!


Vanilla-almond cake with vanilla buttercream and fondant decorations (except for the buttercream roses).  Mom was an avid cross-stitcher back in the day, so this was appropriate, I think!

I was pretty pleased with how the embroidery hoop turned out.


I found out later there are molds for the scissors and impression mats for the cross-stitch fabric.  Both things would have been nice to know at the time, but it all worked out.

That's all for today.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!