Black Raspberries and Cream Bundt Cake

It's black raspberry season again!!


Aren't they lovely?  I've spent the last few years encouraging our neighbor's black raspberry bushes to move into our yard.  I've been moderately successful. However, this year, my neighbors told me they were having trouble getting to the back of the raspberry patch, so I was welcome to take whatever I could reach.  My generous neighbors did not take into account the fact that I am nearly six feet tall and have the reach of a WNBA player. ;-)

So anyhoo, I've got lots of berries this year.  I may make a few jars of jam later, but the first thing I did was make two of these lovely Raspberry and Cream Bundt Cakes.


Here's a quick how-to:

Cream butter and sugar:


Until it's light and fluffy:


Add the eggs, milk and vanilla:


Stir in the flour:


Dump in the raspberries:


Fold in gently:


Grease and flour a bundt pan (I had some sticking with greasing alone):


Pop it in the oven for 55-60 minutes:


Pull it out and we have cake!


Chock-full of beautiful black raspberries!


Seriously, check that out:


Gorgeous.  And yummy.  You should make one.  Recipe found here. I added a little lemon emulsion to the batter, but that's the only change I made.  Had I not been lazy, I would have added some lemon zest.  Maybe next time.

Ooh, here's an idea!  Use half regular raspberries, half blueberries and have a red, white and blue bundt cake for your Fourth of July cookout!  It's too late for me, but you should try it and let me know how it comes out!

Well, that's all for now.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!