The Summer in Retrospect

Happy Autumn!

Apparently I decided to take the summer off from blogging. It happens, I guess.  Things get busy and before you know it, the summer's over and the leaves are turning.  Stupid leaves.


One downside to having a baking blog is that sometimes you get so busy baking that you don't have time to blog. Happens to me a lot.  That and I don't take pictures because I'm a lousy photographer.  But if you've been around here before you already knew that.

So I finally decided to stop messing around with the bottles of vanilla extract at the grocery store. Found this one on Amazon.  Now hopefully I won't run out every week or two.


My beautiful assistant started the first grade this year.  How did that happen?

To prove that I've been baking, despite the lack of blog posts,  I took a picture.


From left to right-ish: Honey Wheat Bread, Granola, Chocolate Cake, Peach Cobbler. Click on the links for recipes.  The peach cobbler hasn't gotten much traffic here on the old blog, but it's one of the best recipes on here. You should try it.

A friend of mine got married in August.  The same friend who asked for Ninja cookies at her bridal shower. I brought cupcakes to the wedding. Still navy and silver.  I thought they were kind of pretty. I made chocolate and red velvet.


It's kind of hard to see, but the ruffly ones have silver heart sprinkles on them.


I found clam shell carriers that hold two dozen each.

I made a birthday cake for a coworkers granddaughter, but then didn't take any pictures but this one. Go me! (Pay no attention to the icing on the box top.)


So anyhoo, it's been a busy summer. I don't imagine things will slow down anytime soon, but maybe I'll make more time for blogging.

Well, that's all for now.
Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!

Cross Country Cookies