Chocolate Cupcakes

It seems like I've been baking quite a bit the last couple weeks, and it's only going to get more busy as the month wears on!  There are some important birthdays coming up, Valentine's Day, etc.  I'm not a business, but I bake things for friends when they ask nicely, so that keeps me pretty busy.

So today I took cupcakes to work for a co-worker's birthday.  I used my go-to chocolate cake recipe and topped them with cream cheese icing and a little fondant decoration. 


I love fondant cut-outs.  They're sooooo easy, and they just add a little something special to a cupcake.  And I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking...


"Wow, CookieD-oh, I wish I had a classy cupcake carrier like that." 

Or maybe not.  I was too lazy busy to go to the store and get boxes.   

Anywho, I made 48 cupcakes, two dozen for today, and two dozen for my friend's other daughter (look at me doing math and stuff).  I doubled the recipe above and had enough batter for the 48 cupcakes, plus six extra for the family, and one 6" square cake, which I wrapped securely in plastic wrap and foil and put in the deep freezer for later.  I have so much cake to bake this month that I really don't want to think about it.

Well, that's all for now.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!