Sticky Pecan Caramel Cinnamon Rolls

Backstory:  (Because most of what I do has a backstory) I somehow got nominated to bring birthday treats to work once a month, and April was Chris' birthday.  Only he doesn't like cake.  I made cinnamon rolls over Christmas, and he told me that they would be perfect if they had caramel and pecans in them.  So I searched the web and found this:  No-Knead Sticky Pecan Caramel Cinnamon Rolls over at the Steamy Kitchen

All I can say is, "Holy Sugar Buzz, Batman, these are awesome!"

So you start with the master dough, mix it up and put it in the fridge for two or three days.  I made the dough on a Wednesday and made the rolls on Friday.



The recipe calls for instant yeast, but I didn't have any, so I used regular yeast and let it bloom in the honey and warm water for a little while before mixing the other ingredients.

Here is the finished dough.  Pop it in the fridge and let it do its' thing.


The dough a couple days later:


Now, the recipe says to pull off a small cantaloupe sized chunk, and the rest of the recipe is scaled to match.  Since I was taking these to work to feed 12 people or so, I used the whole ball of dough and tripled the rest of the recipe.

So, roll out your dough:


I forgot to get a picture of the baking pan.  You will mix butter and brown sugar and salt, spread it in the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle with pecans.  THEN roll your dough, and smear it liberally with the buttery cinnamon filling, thusly:


Roll it up and cut it into pieces.  I used my bench scraper/baker's knife like I always do.  Hey, there's a shot of the missing pan!


Because I used all of the dough, I filled a 9 x 13 pan and an 8" round pan. 


Turn them out immediately after they come out of the oven, or the caramel will harden and you will have a big mess on your hands. :-)

I turned mine out onto a Christmas platter because it was the only one I had that was big enough.  The smaller batch went onto a dinner plate.



Sorry for the fuzzy pictures.

Try these if you get a chance.  You won't be sorry!

Enjoy!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!