Hand Made Burp Cloths

Ok, these are not baked goods, but they're cute, so I'm going to post them anyway. 

Two ladies at church are getting ready to be new moms, so I made some burp cloths as shower gifts.  The pirates are for a boy (obviously), and the Winnie the Poohs are for a gender unknown. :-) 



They're pretty easy to make.  You need some prefold diapers (Gerber will do, although I would never use a Gerber diaper as an ACTUAL diaper...and we used cloth diapers on the girl), a little flannel, some ribbon and some lace.  I can usually get 8 burp cloths out of half a yard of fabric.  And if you're only buying half a yard, you don't feel so bad about getting more expensive fabric.  :-)



They give a lot of coverage.  Personally, I love to use them.

I am not an expert seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, but if you can sew a straight line, you can make these.  Free tip of the day: Grossgrain ribbon is much easier to deal with than satin ribbon.

Anyhoo, that's it for today.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!

Cross Country Cookies