Boss' Day Halloween Cookies

Last November I found the Wilton monster/alien(?) cookie cutter set on clearance, so I picked it up. But then I had to wait a whole year to use it.  D'oh!

Anyhoo, I made a set for Boss' Day because I just started a new job and I'm not really sure what my new boss likes, other than Fallout 3, and I really didn't feel like making Deathclaw cookies.


I iced these on the very day that I was going to take them to work.  Lucky for me I work second shift.  But they were in my oven drying until the very second before I left for work.  And then they weren't completely dry, but just dry enough to gently put on a plate and cover in plastic wrap.

Except for the plaque, I just did these like they were on the Wilton box.  Super-creative, I know.  (I was in a hurry.)


I bumped, smeared and cracked this cookie about 5 times.  Don't look to closely at the icing under the eyballs.  And the writing icing was a little runny.  So what I'm really trying to say here is: don't rush when you decorate cookies.  It never ends well.  But sometimes you can cover some of it up.



The spider is my favorite.  He turned out prety cute.  On the other hand, the green slime cookie was the easiest cookie EVER.  Okay, okay, I really like the little blue guy, too.


I made googly eyes for these.  They were almost dry by the time I needed them.  But it worked.  I have lots more eyes for later.  I will put them where the kids can't get to them this time.

The boy really liked these cookies, and asked me to make more.  The girl said they were the best (tasting) cookies I've ever made.  (LilaLoa chocolate cookies with coconut icing...see my previous post for a link...because I'm lazy.)

Well, that's it for today.  More Halloween cookies in a week or so.

Enjoy!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!