My Boy is Awesome

And I only say that because I'm totally biased. :-)

We went to my brother's house recently and helped them make cookies for a bake sale their homeschool co-op was holding. 

These are some of my boy's cookies:


The one on top is two knights with shields sword fighting.  The black icing was really not outline consistency, more of a thick flood, so it got away from him a little.  But I really like that he added a border.  The other two are jack-o-lanterns, of course.  And I was impressed that he did them like they were lit by candles.

And because I'm a horrible aunt, I did not take any pictures of my niece's cookies (she and the boy are 8).  They were pretty amazing as well,  She is very artistic. Her abstract cookies almost had a Native American vibe to them.  Then she did some landscapes.  I wish I had pictures to show!

But speaking of awesome kids...my girl (4) has been watching me photograph food lately, so she decided to get in on the action.  May I present to you...Lunch:


She fixed her lunch and very carefully arranged it on a tea party plate, set it in a sunny spot on the floor and took a picture.  My husband says I should let her do all my photography from now on. I agree.

And here's a cupcake she decorated all by herself:


She used a little bit of everything.  Then she ate it. It was a good day.

Well, that's all for now.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!

Cross Country Cookies