Saturday, November 9, 2013

Caramel Cookie Cups

Good morning!

I made cookies the other day!  I have been meaning to try this recipe for a LONG time, and I never had an occasion.  But yesterday one of the gentlemen at my job moved on to greener pastures (he found a better job) and to celebrate we threw him a party.


I am so sorry for the wretched photography. I did find my camera this morning, so there's hope for the future.

Anyhoo, I used this recipe from Baking Joy. It was an adventure because I don't have a good scale and the recipe is European, with the ingredients listed in grams.  In fact, here is an approximate representation of my scale.  Only mine is a little chintzier. Really. It's a wonder anything I make turns out.


But I'm happy to say the cookies came out perfectly! I did not use caster sugar, as the recipe says, because I've never in my life seen caster sugar in the grocery store. I also could not find Cadbury Chocolate Caramels, so I used Dove. I was out of chocolate chips (that has never happened, ever! What gives??) so I used mini chips. Finally, I have no idea what a bun tin is, so I used a mini muffin pan. :-)


I doubled the recipe and got 68 cookie cups, which means the original recipe would make 34 cookie cups, which means a bun tin is about twice as large as a mini muffin tin because the original recipe on Baking Joy made 15 cups. (Yay, I can do math!)


(Again, I apologize for the pictures.  Go over to Baking Joy to see some good photos.) The cookies were all gone by the time I left work, which was pretty impressive because I didn't set them out until lunchtime. I will definitely make these again, and I may even use the base cookies as my chocolate chip cookies for Christmas this year.

Speaking of Christmas, this morning I realized that it's about six weeks away and I nearly panicked.  I have not started anything yet and I like to be done shopping, etc., by the end of November.  I hate crowds. And I have not bought anything for Thanksgiving dinner yet. Eeek. If you need me I will be under my bed, curled up in the fetal position.

But that's all for today.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. this seems to be the trend, cookies with decadent stuff inside! They look super rich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were! Of course, at the end I ran out of caramels so I started chopping up Halloween candy and stuffing them with that. It worked. ;-)

      Delete