Harvest Party Cookies

Well hello there!  It's been a while.  Again.  Sorry about that.

Anywhoo, it's Harvest Party season.  We have two kids in school this year, so I got to make cookies for two classes instead of one.  WooHoo!

Actually, it wasn't so bad. The boy's class has six kids.  You heard me. Six. Kids. And because the class is so small, I decided to go a little crazy.  The boy is really into tic-tac-toe right now, so I made cookie game boards and cookie game pieces for everyone in his class. All six of them. Each kid got one board and 10 game pieces.


When I got ready to bag them it was dark. And I couldn't find my camera.  And it was dark.  I was very frustrated by my inability to take a decent picture.


Like, not gonna blog anymore frustrated.  I need some natural light, people. It's dark at 5:30.

OK, whinefest over. Sorry you had to see that.

The girl wanted happy candy corns.  I told her no tic-tac-toe for her class because there are 13 of them, and I would have had to make an additional 130 game pieces. Then all I could think of the whole time I was decorating the candy corns was Bob Ross and his happy little trees.  I miss Bob Ross. *sniffle*


I did some random designs with the extra cookies.  The one on the far left in the middle row was really cool until I dropped an icing bag on it.  It smoothed out, but the pattern was ruined.

But, being the overachiever that I am, I also made brownies for the girl at her especial request.  Then I made a pumpkin pie for the boy.  Out of a real pumpkin. The little punk insisted we use a real pumpkin. I bought a pie crust from the store to get even with him.

Thankfully, I didn't take pictures of the brownies and the pie.  But they were delicious.

Well, that's all for today.  I'm getting my Christmas cookie list together. If anyone has any suggestions leave them in the comments.  I'm always looking for new things to include in my cookie trays.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. The cookie tic tack toe (spelling???) is an incredible idea!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marci! Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the idea. Like most ideas these days, I saw it on Pinterest. ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle Birthday Cake

Cross Country Cookies

Happy Belated Independence Day Cookies!